Thursday, April 7, 2016

Recovery

Nathan update: He is back at school finally. He seems to be recovering well from having his 5 teeth out. Part of his hardest recovery has been letting his bottom lip heal. He chewed on it so much the first day of the surgery, because it was numb, that he has had to heal from that as well. I feel like most of what I did the first day was sit by him and about every 15-30 seconds prompt him, "Don't bite your lip." It was still swollen to about 4 times the size it was supposed to be by the end of the first day--poor baby.

I then got a terrible cold and both of us have been "recovering" together. Now my challenge is knowing when to stop giving him Ibuprofen. At least he has been willing to take the 6-8 chewable children's Ibuprofen when I give it to him. He won't swallow pills, so we gotta do the chewable stuff. It is hard to get him to let me know how much pain he is still having because he doesn't communicate verbally very well. Thanks for all the prayers!
#Recovery #Autism

No comments:

Post a Comment