Monday, May 1, 2017

Skipping at Church

Who says you can't skip down the aisle at church with your bag in tow? That is how Nathan entered church on Sunday. I almost giggled out loud as I watched him. One brother pulled me aside with a smile on his face and said, "If only all of us were so happy to be here." Right? Oh sweet Nathan.
It wasn't always this easy coming to church...subtract 10 years and I was in practically in tears trying to keep my kids quiet, entertained and on the pew during church services. Although my kids (Jacob especially) did escape on numerous occasions and immediately ran to the front where I would always make a spectacle of myself in front of the ENTIRE congregation trying to catch the little demon (I mean angel). Sigh! Yes...we have come a long way.
I am glad I hung in there and kept making it part of our "routine" to come to church. I am thankful for loving people who were kind along the way--because it WAS NOT EASY. There were days I wanted to give up, but I was too stubborn not to. I loved God enough to keep going, even though there were years I didn't get much out of church, I do now. Those of you who are in those hard years, hang in there! Give yourself a year or two, or 10 and they just might skip down the aisle:). #AutismAwareness#GoingToChurch #ICanDoHardThings


1 comment:

  1. I remember a writing game played with Nathan one time when you went out with with Jacob or the baby (maybe Noel hadn't arrived yet?). I never managed it again. But I still have a glowing memory of that. I want sure it was going to work. I'd seen the game played earlier. And Nathan just played along. Even if he did give me an odd look or two. ^_^

    ReplyDelete