Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Doing All Things

"I can do ALL THINGS through CHRIST which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13). This is my every day mantra!

I cannot tell you the number of times I have felt overwhelmed by the tasks in front of me..whether it was staying patiently awake with my son Nathan who was up for the day at 2:00am, moving my schedule-dependent children across the nation for a new job, or recovering from a life-threatening accident. I have felt discouraged, depressed, and exhausted beyond my ability to think clearly. At these moments of greatest need I have found great power and strength in prayer. And I have found that perhaps I have the strength to go on after all...only this strength wasn't coming from me. It came from my Savior.

For those of you who have felt similar exhaustion, may I encourage you to try prayer. I promise that God answers those desperate prayers. There is power that comes through Christ's mercy and love--Power to face what may seem like an insurmountable mountain. Have faith, courage and carry on dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment