Friday, November 20, 2015

Stories From The Spectrum

"NO EAT. NO EAT. NO EAT. NO EAT!" This went on for 20 minutes with Nathan yelling at the top of his lungs in the car. Justin and I took the 3 younger kids out to eat tonight....made it to the restaurant, but by that point my nerves were shot and I told Justin to just take us home. My brain couldn't even think properly with all his yelling. We couldn't change his mind or get him distracted--even with his trusty iPad.

So, we went home and I made him Beef Stroganoff (his favorite) and all was well with the world again. Yes, just a glimpse into our world. You never know what will set them off...but being spontaneous is definitely one of those things. Sometimes I feel like a spontaneous person trapped in a rigid schedule because of my kiddos on the autism spectrum. Sigh! We will survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment