Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Chores and Living in our Home

My kids think I'm the Wicked Witch from the West today. What mother gives her kids chores to do on their vacation? I don't know about any of you, but my house seems to get messed up so much more quickly when my kids are home. I seem to go to bed each night wondering, "Was my house really clean today?" The answer is "Probably not."

Oh well, but we do get the basics done--usually--sometimes happily, sometimes unhappily (as I hear my cupboard door slamming in the kitchen). Someone is NOT happy about unloading the dishes right now.

I know there are some people that live in uber-clean houses. I am not one of them. I gave up on perfection in my house many, many years ago. If you entered my home right now you would see puzzles on the dining room table, dishes in the sink, toys and books scattered throughout the living room and toys throughout the playroom downstairs. Yes, we live in our home. It is not on display. It is our home. I hope my kids feel comfortable kicking off their shoes and reading a book.

Plus there are days when my kiddos on the spectrum have hard days, and those are the times when my house looks a little more lived in. We've had pictures thrown off the walls, holes punched in the walls, doors slammed etc. Sigh! Thank goodness those days are few and far between.

My house is a home where living and learning take place. It is not a perfect home...maybe I'll get one of those in the hereafter:).
#LivedInHome #Chores

No comments:

Post a Comment