Thursday, December 3, 2015

Best New Rule

Best new rule--ever! Jacob has seemed particularly irritable since starting Junior High (I know hormones are partially to blame). When I prayed about what to do to help him, I felt impressed to limit his "electronics time" to 1 hour per day on school days. For a young man with high-functioning autism, electronics is what he craves more than anything.

So, I followed my impression and talked to him about it first. We discussed what we would fill our "spare" time doing. Amazingly we have had a chance to work on finishing several merit badges in the last few weeks. Today, when his electronics time was up, big brother Jordan happened to be home and I found them in the play room with all the little Hot Wheel cars out and a racing track! It made me smile.

Now, I know this will not be the right solution for every child out there, but my point is...if you are not sure what to do to help one of your kids, ask God what you should do. Then don't be afraid to follow through. You never know, you might be surprised at the results!
#LimitingElectronics #Autism

No comments:

Post a Comment