Wednesday, March 16, 2016

My Sweet Little Terror

Oh the sheer energy Jacob used to have as a child! It literally almost put me in my grave trying to keep up with him. He had a dual diagnosis of autism and ADHD--and it was apparent! I was looking at a family photo album a few days ago and ran across these photos of Jacob and they made me smile and recall the exhaustion! I love the photo of Jacob reaching for Jesus' hand--even though he was a terror, he could be so sweet. I also love the photo of him literally trying to get out of my sister's arms--that is what it was like to try to hold him at any time.

He was a master escape artist--even from our home. I had double bolts on all the doors that could only be opened with a key and he would still escape. From the age of 3 he could scale our 6 foot fence and run through the neighborhood with no thought of danger. Sigh! I do not miss those days! I am glad I survived! I remember literally praying to God one night after chasing him all day and trying to keep him safe that I was doing my best to keep him alive. I am sure God had to double-up his guardian angels for a few years there or he never would have made it to age 5. He was a dare devil!

So, to anyone with a dare-devil child--they do grow up and mature a lot! Hang in there!
#autism #DaredevilChild #SweetMoments #HardMoments



No comments:

Post a Comment