Wednesday, February 17, 2016

A Table for Three?

The other day I was having Nathan set the table. As I handed him the plates I realized that Jordan had a choir thing that evening and took away one plate. Then I remembered that Jacob had a scouting campout and I removed another plate. About 30 minutes later I recalled that Noelle had a birthday party she was going to attend and removed another plate. This left us with 3 plates on the table--what the heck? Justin came into the kitchen later and commented that someday it will be this way, just us and Nathan (well, and possibly Jacob). I felt a pang of sadness. My kids are growing up and going to leave home and I had a glimpse of it that day.

When they were little I truly couldn't even contemplate this day coming--it seemed so far away. Now that it is knocking at my door with Jordan graduating I find I am sad it has come so quickly. I think I am going to cherish setting the table for 6 people as much as I can these last few months.
#GrowingUp #PlatesOnTable

No comments:

Post a Comment