Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Taste of Spring

Ah! A taste of spring--that is what we have gotten in Utah yesterday and today. It is going to get up to 50 degrees today, plus it is SUNNY outside (which after the cold, foggy inversion we have had for a few weeks is a God-send!) Today I am thankful to know that winter is on its way out and that spring will eventually come.

I don't know why I get this way every year--so discouraged with the cold, dark weather...the lack of sunshine (Yes I am daily taking my vitamin D3 supplement). Just the taste of spring in the air (in between snow storms) is enough to give me the hope that spring is on its way. I mean, I know it will come, but seeing the signs of it always gives me a little boost of hope.

I guess it is all symbolic of life. We each have dark times and moments that we have to pass through--and we hang on through those dark times with the hope of sunshine and spring somewhere in the distance. It is always nice to have nature's testimony that things will get brighter, the sun will come out, and that someday soon those little flowers will start bursting through the snow and spring will be upon us.
#TasteOfSpring #NaturesTestimony

No comments:

Post a Comment