Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Farewell, Dear Cousin


It is interesting how one phone call can change your day.

I received word yesterday afternoon from my mother that my cousin Christine (age 45) passed away. She collapsed at church Sunday while she was sharing her witness of Jesus Christ to the women of her church congregation.  She had been on life support for a day and they had to revive her several times.  We have been praying for her as a family, hoping that she could stay with us on earth a little longer.  It must have been her time to go, because she was very healthy.

It is hard to say, "Thy will be done" to God when the situation is so personal.  Ultimately I have to trust that His wisdom is greater than mine.

Christine was an energetic woman of faith that I have looked up to and admired since I was a child. Christine was my oldest female cousin on my dad's side of the family.  She was positive, outgoing, and happy and she served and loved others her entire life.  She married young and raised 4 beautiful children with her husband.  She became a grandmother to her first grandchild this past year. Her youngest son is scheduled to leave on a two-year mission for our church next month to Brazil.

It is at times like these that I have to step back and really think about the things that are the most important: Faith and family.  I don't believe that God gave us these wonderful loving families only until death do us part.  I believe that these family relationships carry on past the grave.

Until we meet again, my dear cousin, Christine!  You will be missed!

#untilwemeetagain #death #faith

No comments:

Post a Comment