Friday, January 23, 2015

Thankful for Dirty Dishes?


Dear God,
Today I am thankful for dirty dishes.  I know, I know, you are wondering what amazing transformation happened to me.  Dirty dishes are usually one of my least favorite things to do.  But, I was thinking this morning that instead of dreading the dirty dishes I should find something positive about them.  So, here it is: I am thankful for dirty dishes, because it means that my family had something to eat this morning.  That is something to be grateful for.

I am thankful that I have food to eat when there are many people all over the world that don't have enough to feed their family.  There are families out there where the parents go hungry so the kids can have some food, because that is what parents do.  So, yes!  Today I am thankful that I have dirty dishes to wash and a table to wipe off and a pantry with food in it.  Isn't it amazing what a simple change in attitude will do?

Your grateful daughter,
Tamara

#dirtydishes #gratitude #thankfulforfood

No comments:

Post a Comment