Thursday, May 21, 2015

Broken Finger :(

"Did you swear?" That was the second question my husband asked me after he found out I accidentally dropped a huge rock on my middle two fingers yesterday morning. "No, I didn't swear!" I answered as I washed the blood off my fingers in the kitchen sink.

Yes, the tip of my middle finger on my right hand is broken--darn it all! There was finally a break in the rain and I was getting some good yard work done.

Instead of focusing on the negatives of this, I am going to focus on the positives:
1. My middle finger is taped to my ring finger so I'm not "flipping the bird" to everyone I meet.
2. I don't have to have a cast on--YES!!!! This means I can still shower.
3. I am thankful for pain meds!
4. I am thankful that my kids are old enough that I'm not changing diapers with these poor fingers.
5. I can still type (sort of).
6. I have another excuse to ensure my kids do the dishes :).
7. I can still drive--I didn't break my right foot.
8. I can still conduct music and sing with my fingers taped together.
9. My kids have been super nice and helpful today (hopefully this will last for 4 weeks+).
10. My hubby was home when it happened, and was sweet enough to take me to the Dr. to get my x-ray.

So, count your blessings and don't drop any heavy rocks on your fingers!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment