Tuesday, May 19, 2015

TFD's

TFD's (Tear-free days). I'd never heard this phrase until a lady in our congregation used it a few years ago. She had several teen-age daughters at the time--need I say more? Well, we have entered the pre-teen era with my beautiful daughter and I think we are going to start counting our TFD's too. It is times like these when I do find myself thankful that I have 3 boys and only one girl:).

My parents raised 5 daughters and one son...and I am sure they could count their TFD's on one hand each month. Bless my mother! She is a saint to raise that many girls!!!! Kudos to all you folks out there that deal with pre-teen/teen aged girls. May you have a TFD today!

2 comments:

  1. I grew up the oldest of 5 girls...no brothers. My poor dad! I don't remember our home being overly emotional and hormonal, but it's been a long time and I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot. Interestingly enough, my two teenaged girls are fairly emotionally stable. We have tears, certainly, but not as much as you'd stereotypically expect. Today however is the day that Rebekah gets set apart as a missionary. Today will not be a TFD. I'm guessing we won't have another TFD for awhile probably...and it'll be mostly me with the tears!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay to cry those happy tears Sarah! It's a happy day for your family.

      Delete