Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The 750-Piece Tantrum

"No puzzle! NO PUZZLE!!! NO PUZZLE!!!!" Nathan emphatically told me on Saturday. I had started him on a 750 piece puzzle earlier that day that was more complicated than he was used to.

He has happily done 750 piece puzzles in the past, but this one was trying his patience. The problem is that once he starts a puzzle, he HAS to finish it. Not this one! He was done! He had worked on it for a couple of hours and it was lunchtime and he was done!

So, I made his lunch while he had his little temper tantrum all the time demanding that I give him his "Ipad" right then. (He gets it AFTER lunch.) Yes, I am a stubborn mom that has to stick to my guns or he will walk all over me. Nathan choked on his pieces of turkey 3 times because he was trying to eat too much too fast. All this because he was SO MAD at me for making him eat lunch BEFORE he got his electronics time. I patiently stood beside him and made him take smaller bites so he wouldn't choke to death. Sigh! Kiddos with autism are fun and unpredictable. You never know what will set them off.

I think I will go back to 500 piece puzzles for a while--just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment