Monday, March 23, 2015

Digging in a Little Dirt

"Mom, you're getting your wedding ring all dirty," commented Noelle as we were planting this weekend. "Yes, I sure am."

I know I should probably wear gloves when gardening, and sometimes I do, but for some reason I really like to feel the soil in my hands.  I can't explain why, but it makes me happy.  Yes, I know I get dirt in my nails and my ring, but it washes off.  Maybe my inner child needs to still splash in mud puddles and make mud pies or something like that.  Or maybe I just like getting up to my elbows in dirt.  I love growing a garden!  I love watching seeds get planted and grow into something we can eat.  I get an immense sense of satisfaction out of growing stuff.  Maybe it is in my blood.

So, if you are feeling a little down this week...go dig in the dirt.  It may be a little therapeutic!


No comments:

Post a Comment