Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Lessons from Spring

One of my favorite hobbies is gardening. The peas I planted a few weeks ago have poked their little heads above the surface this week. I love seeing leaves budding on the trees, watching bulbs push their way to the surface after a long winter's nap, and even watching my peas break the surface the dirt in my garden. For some reason I find this whole process miraculous year after year.

I guess gardening is symbolic to me of the different phases of life. There are times when we feel like we are buried beneath loads of dirt and trials, when it is cold and we are miserable and wet. But...there is hope in the renewing power of Spring! Life will get sunnier, and as we push up toward the sun and keep growing, God will help us harvest good things from our trials: wisdom, experience, and understanding.

So, don't give up hope, push on up toward the sun/Son and find joy in the journey of growth!


No comments:

Post a Comment